Sale by Set Date - 15th Dec 2018
Transported from Darwin after Cyclone Tracey in the 1970’s, this home is bolted to the slab and is climate change proof (for cyclones at least).
It's one for the greenie or folks who are looking to create something new.
There is a greenhouse though not much gardening going on.
Terrific idea but finding the time is another thing.
If you like chickens, there is a coup big enough to hold 6-8 of these fabulous creatures.
While lovely to have about, the dog also took a shine to them.
They survived and have retired now to a safe house on 14 acres at Inverleigh.
Onsite there is:
- 2 x 5000 litre water tanks
- 1.4kw solar power
- solar hot water with gas boost, and
- grey water system.
This property is all about privacy and a retreat from the world's treadmill.
Open plan lounge, dining, kitchen, 3 generous bedrooms, 1 bathroom and laundry.
Each of these rooms comes off a central hallway.
It's your typical 70's beach shack with potential to extend.
The slow-combustion fireplace warms the entire house in winter.
And the trees provide great shade during those hot summer days.
Lovely north facing backyard.
West fence is due to be replaced soon.
Large single garage and single carport (in tandem).
Situated 100 meters (ish) from the Barwon River.
And a stones throw to the Village Green and main street.
Its the leafy Paris end of Barwon Heads.
A nice distance away from the New York bustle of Hitchcock Avenue and the summer crowd.
The plan is to relocate to more space for the dogs.
725 sqm just isn’t the same as a little hobby farm and we are presently minus a few sheep.
Inspection by appointment only.
A bit about Sale by Set Date: 15th Dec 2018
Price guide - $810 to $860
- The home is marketed over four weeks and advertised with a deadline.
- Buyers can submit offers at any point of the campaign, which the vendor can choose to accept.
- If the vendor receives an acceptable offer, all registered buyers are contacted and have 24 hours to the close of business the following day (except Sundays) to submit their best final offer, which won’t be disclosed to any other buyers.