Bowerbird Cottage is a charming timber clad character cottage, sympathetically renovated to the highest standard while retaining a plethora of original features.
Nestled within the quaint Southern Highlands village of Bundanoon with it's vibrant country community and the gateway to Morton National Park, Bowerbird Cottage is located an easy stroll to the village shops and cafes.
The spacious cottage offers cosy places for all seasons: have your breakfast on the sunny front verandah overlooking the cottage garden, entertain your friends on the deck with its wisteria-clad wrought-iron pergola, enjoy a nightcap in front of the fire or a soak in the antique cast-iron bath.
Bowerbird Cottage offers the astute buyer a myriad of lifestyle options. The current owners run it as successful holiday accommodation. Bowerbird Cottage offers a great opportunity for someone looking for a Southern Highlands getaway that can also provide the rewards of a rental income.
- Large fully fenced 3360 square metre block with sub-division potential.
- 3 double bedrooms, 2 with built-in robes.
- 2 bathrooms both featuring heated towel rails, one with an antique cast-iron claw-footed bath, and the other with a French vintage vanity with striking Italian floor tiles.
- Bespoke painted kitchen with granite benchtops and European appliances.
- European laundry.
- Original 1920's sandstock brick garage and privy.
- High ceilings throughout.
- Ornate ceiling roses and cornices; VJ lining boards in some rooms.
- Original hardwood floorboards with beautiful patina.
- Victorian open fireplace in lounge room, with newly installed flue.
- Conservatory with exposed beams and Jotul slow-combustion fire.
- Newly installed zoned ducted gas heating and instantaneous gas hot water.
- Insulated for year round comfort.
- Wide verandahs and generous outdoor entertaining area.
- The entire contents are offered for sale.
Inspection is highly recommended - refer to website for exhibition times or by appointment.