If unlimited access to fresh, clean, pristine water, sandstone cliffs and caves, bushwalking, rock climbing, horse riding, camping, mountain or trail bike riding, fishing, swimming, boating, water, snow and jet skiing, wildlife caring, experiencing local tourist attractions or just some peaceful rest and relaxation enjoying lakeside living is on your bucket list then Congratulations! - the opportunity to live your dream is here.
The property 'Walden Woods' comprises 27.4ha of light bushland with approx. 1.5km water frontage to the picturesque Derwent River at Cluny Lagoon in the Central Highlands of Tasmania. The lagoon is regularly stocked with trout and is currently utilised to full advantage with a jetty, large entertaining deck and floating pontoon to enhance the lifestyle experience. A perennial creek runs through the property and with riparian rights to Cluny Lagoon, access to an unlimited supply of clean, fresh water is not an issue. No more water bills!
There are fenced paddocks for stock, outbuildings including barn, animal shelters, aviaries, chook houses, dog enclosures, extremely productive 'Herborium', as well as two containers with lights and power connected currently used as workshop / garden shed / storage.
The one-of-a-kind, two storey Western Red Cedar home with its 2.4 metre wide wrap-around deck, was lovingly and thoughtfully designed to be sympathetic to, and inclusive of, the environment and is positioned to capture uninterrupted views of Cluny Lagoon and the surrounding countryside. It is not a 'designer' home but is a warm and inviting home designed around 'living your life' and features:
- Radiata pine interior with vaulted ceiling and exposed beams & includes high value timbers throughout the home – blackwood, myrtle & blackheart sassafras
- Solid blackwood kitchen and a walk-in pantry
- Double carport with celery top pine support posts
- Master bedroom with built-ins, family bathroom and separate toilet downstairs
- Large bedroom with built-ins, vanity, separate toilet, and ample storage space upstairs
- Generous office / study / library space on the mezzanine floor
- Climate control for all seasons includes tiled flooring with underfloor heating, Saxon wood heater, and reverse cycle heat pump
- Internet service and mobile phone coverage at the site.
A heart healing, soul soothing family home / holiday destination or an ideal business investment opportunity for tourism, farm-stay, recreational retreat, eco-tourism, hospitality, Airbnb with close proximity to the amazing attractions of the Derwent Valley and Central Highlands of Tasmania.
There is a Council approved Planning Permit for three units on the site and the relevant infrastructure (power & waste treatment system), is in place to support any such venture. Plans for the units as well as a larger building (residence / accommodation / meeting hall / reception area) are available if required.
Approximately 75 minute drive to Hobart CBD with New Norfolk 45 minutes away. Ouse is a 12 minute drive and has an IGA Supermarket, Roadhouse, On-line Centre, Hotel with Restaurant and Alfresco Cafe, Primary School, Churches along with the Country Club for golf or bowling.